Support the business of the anatomic pathology laboratory to drive better workflow and patient safety
Anatomic pathology informatics that go beyond a laboratory information system (LIS) to support your lab's business
Sunquest PowerPath® is an integrated laboratory diagnostics solution spanning all aspects of the anatomic pathology laboratory. It delivers industry-leading capabilities for rules-based accessioning, auto case allocation, specimen tracking and more. Pathologists will appreciate the easy-to-use schedule management, synoptic reporting, body mass diagrams, IHC report tables, discrete data searches and built-in image capture. Don’t settle for the capabilities of a basic EHR anatomic pathology (AP) laboratory information system (LIS) module.
Improve care coordination
Leverage standards-based EHR integration for ordering and results retrieval
Automate reporting from clinical, anatomic, molecular and genetics systems
Adopt pathology innovations
Go paperless, use digital pathology and access discrete data
Reduce waste by using workflows, rules, voice recognition, interfaces and templates
Ace compliance & accreditation
Enable processes for quality control, correlations, monitoring and reporting
Connect with clinical LIS, physician EMRs, digital pathology, instruments and middleware
Sunquest PowerPath enables real-time PCR workflow and reporting, including HPV
"Virtually all cases of cervical cancer are caused by HPV, and just two HPV types, 16 and 18, are responsible for about 70% of all cases."
Cervical pre-cancers are diagnosed far more often than invasive cervical cancer
In 2017, The American Cancer Society's estimates:
Nearly 13,000 new cases of invasive cervical cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. alone. More than 4,000 women will die from cervical cancer.
Information system designed just for anatomic pathology laboratories
Designed specifically for anatomic pathology labs, our open system integration approach helps to support better coordinated care with integration into your enterprise EHR.
Some of the modules that work with the PowerPath solution include:
Improve care coordination
- Connect with your enterprise EHR/EMR or clinical LIS
- Receive orders and updates electronically, and reduce data re-entry and errors
- Send reports to enterprise EHR or physician EMR
- Integrate with Sunquest VUE™ for optimized pathologist workflow
Enable Gyn Molecular real-time PCR workflow & reporting
- Order and result Gyn Molecular real-time PCR tests, including HPV
- Use Data Innovations to automate HPV workflows to include reflex testing and report sign-out
- Support comprehensive workflow from orders to results integration – with automation and rules
- Minimize data entry errors while improving staff ergonomics
- Identify order gaps or errors with a cumulative case snapshot
- Reduce estimated accessioning time
Integrate schedule management
- Simplify management of pathologist availability with drag-and-drop scheduling
- Track time devoted to tasks, including reading cases, tumor board review and research
Allocate cases automatically
- Optimize pathologist workload and reduce FTE requirements
- Distribute cases according to pathologist specialty and case type
Enhance synoptic reporting
- Streamline and standardize data capture
- Configure report properties to allow for continuous process improvement
- Reduce time required to manage worksheets
Sunquest PowerPath integrates with our Orders and Results solutions to support external order entry and results delivery with specialized support for anatomic pathology.
Sunquest PowerPath integrates with Sunquest Mitogen™ Genetics to deliver integrated, actionable reports combining pathology and genetic testing.