Clinical correspondence creation and delivery
The ICE Discharge Correspondence module adds to existing functionality for reporting and requesting order communications within the ICE Desktop web browser software. This further enhances the connection between hospitals in the secondary care sector and the GP community.
ICE Discharge letter software enables the hospital doctor to compile a discharge letter during the patient’s spell so that upon discharge it is despatched in the post or sent over the NHS network to the correct GP, and quickly.
Features and benefits include:
- Secure access throughout the hospital for doctors.
- Local configuration of multiple letter templates, so any number of correspondence documents are possible.
- Hospital determined paragraph structures with mandated and optional choices thus enabling a broad variation of content.
- Free text entry, pick list selection, common phrase menus and report imports available to each paragraph format ensuring comprehensive and meaningful syntax is chosen and placed quickly by the author.
- WHO Diagnosis and Procedures directories for doctor selection. This creates a closer liaison with administration coding staff.
- TTO prescribing, based on local and national formularies allowing coordination with pharmacy protocols and dispensing conventions.
- Printed document and electronic message flows providing a faster, better integrated service with the primary care sector.